Thursday, July 22, 2010

Facebook...

Okay, with the pending move, I have been asked five million times, "You're on facebook, right?"

No, no I'm not. I really don't like facebook, although I've never been a member. I feel like all of this instant, technocentric communication is hurting our ability to have deep relationships. We are losing the skills of communicating our differences in a constructive, respectful way. I know this is entirely hypocritical of me to write about my loathing of social networking on a blog! Oh well.

So, here is my dilema: I'm moving to another state, and facebook has the potential to help me stay easily connected to my friends here in Memphis. But I don't like facebook. Ughh....

Please help me out by letting me know what you love or hate about facebook, and let me know if you think I should join. I appreciate your feedback!