Monday, March 21, 2011

Fracking Toasters! or What Megan Learned on Spring Break

1. I become a potty mouth when I am scared, e.g. careening down a hill on skis at a very high speed. I'll just say that "Fracking toasters" was one of the more polite phrases to come out of my mouth. Not proud of it, of course! I was very pleased when I could truthfully tell my husband at the bottom of a hill that I had not cursed at all.

2. If my husband and I can work through his love of skiing with my potty-mouth inducing horror of skiing, we can work through anything : )

3. My sister-in-law is one of the most patient people on the face of the earth. Bless her! She got me through not one, but two instances where I was literally paralyzed with fear and crying in the middle of a slope.

4. Jon thinks his great-grandfather is the funniest person on the face of the earth. He just had to walk into the room, and Jon would start laughing.

5. Of course, I learned to ski on Spring Break! I am 29 and skied for the first time. I learned that I favor my left leg (is it stronger than my right leg, or do I just have more balance on my left leg?) I am much more comfortable on blue trails without any other skiers than I am on green trails with lots of skiers. Above all, I learned that if you are going too fast and you might fall over, just keep turning!

Pictures to come, once they are retrieved from various iPhones and cameras!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

Ha! That pretty much sums up my first (and only) ski experience. Let's just say, Baxter convienced me not to go to ski school and then I somehow switched from a green to a black. I scooted down the mountain on my bottom. Needless to say, I sold my other two days back and stayed at the hotel the rest of the time. Glad you had fun!