Monday, April 4, 2011

Here are some more pictures from daily life around here:


Playing with his kitchen - loves those songs and lights!

Jon has recently taken to intentionally putting objects in various places, whether that is taking all of the cat toys and putting them in the middle of the kitchen, putting his shoes in his toy box, or as you can see here, putting Woody on the kitchen counter to help me fix dinner. Now that he can reach the kitchen counters, I need to be more careful. The other day he was walking around the living room munching on a chocolate chip cookie that he had taken from the cooling rack on the counter.


I suppose it is barely noticeable, but Jon got his first skinned knee (with blood) a couple of weeks ago. I decided to document it while he was taking a nap in his stroller. For the record, this picture was taken at the Pottery Barn outlet. We like to go sit on the couches we wish we could afford : ) It's a silly field trip, but a family tradition nonetheless!


We received season passes to Six Flags Fiesta Texas (in San Antonio) as Christmas presents. We had a slow Saturday this weekend, so we decided to drive down and take advantage of some free entertainment! One of the extra perks of going to San Antonio is McAlister's. I must admit that while we lived in Memphis, I didn't get excited about McAlister's. It was just another family restaurant. But now that we are in Texas, those bread bowls and gigantic cups of sweet tea are very special. We planned our trip to Six Flags so that we could hit McAlister's for lunch. It was even more special because it was the first time we ordered a kid's meal for Jon at a restaurant. I had to take a picture to document his ham and cheese sandwich, steamed veggies, and teddy grahams : )

Enjoying his first McAlister's lunch

Below is Jon's nap progression at Six Flags. While Jonathan was in line and riding a rollercoaster, I took Jon into an air conditioned area to try to coax him into a nap. He was SO tired, but fought taking that nap for a looooong time. I don't blame him - the amusement park was hot, loud, and full of stuff to look at.

I'm not tired!

Well, maybe I'm a little tired

No comments: