Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stress, Disappointment, Anger and Sadness

I thought I would be completely honest in the title of this blog so that those who don't want to read about it don't have to!

Stress: Looking at houses is stressful! I realize this is a 'buyers market,' but I have lost more sleep over this whole house buying thing than I have for anything. But the stress is short lived, because...

Disappointment: What we thought was going to be a long term (and I mean long term...we considered the possibility of sending Jon to this school when he reaches 7th grade) job for Jonathan at a private school here in San Marcos looks like it will only be for one year, because...

Anger: The school board of old, white men has decided that men with long hair are unfit to teach Jr. High and Sr. High students. And yes, they just expected Jonathan to cut his hair because they told him to. (He isn't). Which leads me to...

Sadness: My husband is the sweetest guy I know, and he has worked soooooo hard to be a good teacher, and I feel like he just keeps hitting ridiculous road blocks. I am just sad that he now has to start the job search process all over again, for the third time in three years.

If I didn't have faith that God has what is best for us in his plan, I would be taking this much worse than I am right now. I recognize that I am so upset because life is not going according to my plan - the way I want things to be. Yes, I want a house for the stability, equity, creativity, and vanity that comes with owning my own home. Yes, I want my husband to have a long term, stable job where he can teach kids mathematics. Yes, I want my son to follow directions (I know that has nothing to do with this post, but the 'terrible twos' have come early to our home). Jonathan reminded me today that there are no perfect houses, perfect jobs, or perfect children! I suppose this lesson in faith and contentment is one I still need to learn.

2 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

Hugs. That stinks. They need to lighten up.

Kyle and Matt Still said...

Oh my word. I am so sorry for ya'll! I can definitely empathize in the looking for houses things...it's NO fun and very stressful. I am also sorry to hear about the job situation. Extremely frustrating, I'm sure.