Thursday, May 31, 2012

I didn't even shed a tear

while packing up Jon's baby toys!  Is it wrong that I am proud of myself? 



Jon has started sleeping in a toddler bed (i.e. his crib with a side removed),


of which he is immensely proud, and we have also started a more intensive phase of potty training (involving a sticker chart, and spending half my day perched on the tub while I coax Jon into peeing in the potty....it is not working in case you were wondering).  With all of this big boy stuff, a limited amount of space in our apartment, and an itch to organize, the baby toys have been cleaned and packed away in a storage bin.

Also of importance is that the original due date for baby #2 would have been this Saturday.  I am holding up amazingly well, compared to how I thought I would be feeling at this time.  Although I am still sad, and sometimes still pause painfully when I see a pregnant woman, I have come to grips with reality.  Packing away baby stuff is helping me with that, since I had 'planned' to have kids so close together that there would be no need to pack up baby stuff for a while, or convert Jon's crib to a toddler bed.  Making these small, and ostensibly insignificant steps feels to me much more of embracing the future as it comes, being content with my current circumstances.


No comments: