Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My TV guilty pleasure

For the first time ever, I watched a reality show from start to finish - even anticipating Tuesdays when I could either go online or use my iPhone to watch the next episode!  I was hooked on The Biggest Loser this season.  I have never watched it before, but for some reason I started watching it and kept watching it.  I know, I know, the weight loss tactics they use can be really harmful, shaming, etc. and tons of previous contestants gain the weight back.  The positive thing for me has been when I have wanted to eat some candy or slack off in a workout, I have thought back to some of the people on the show, and that has motivated me to stay on track.  I am also encouraged in our work to provide Jon with healthy food and some form of exercise every day.  So now that the season is over, I guess I'll just go back to my normal reality show-free existence!  Now, House of Cards is another animal all together!  While I find the characters vile, I somehow feel a need to find out what happens to them next.  That's just what Netflix wants me to think, and I have fallen for the trap.

1 comment:

Domestic Kate said...

Totally sucked in to House of Cards also! I'm totally intrigued by the bizarre marriage arrangement, and part of me wonders if the show over- or under-does the cutthroat nature of politics.