Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter (finally updating!)


I'm still here!  Happy Easter!

The last time I updated, we had just moved to Georgia and I was about 6 weeks out from giving birth to baby #2.  Fiona Margaret arrived 6 days late almost exactly like Jon, so I had another c-section, but we were just happy to have a healthy baby!  It's crazy to think that she will be six months old in a couple of weeks!

We're kind of settled in here in our new home.  Jonathan is one week away from the end of his first year at Oxford College, and it has been such a blessing!  There are things he doesn't like, of course, but we are so happy for his job as an assistant professor.  Jon, Fiona, and I spend our days playing at home, going to the YMCA, the library, the park, and the square.  We have a great coffee shop with a fun play area for kids.  I had a meeting there last week, and Jon was completely occupied while I got some things done : )  I am venturing back into the world of (volunteer) volunteer management with Newton Trails; hopefully it will be a productive partnership and I will be able to do some good.  We have joined a great church, Christ Community Church, which is small and has a big heart.  I was able to volunteer with our church tutoring program this semester, which gave me an evening away from the house and an opportunity to help out the community.  

I am hoping to update the blog a little more, mostly because I love reading the blogs of our old friends we don't get to see anymore, and I feel guilty that I don't update!  So Happy Easter to everyone, and hopefully write again soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I was wondering, and wondering...glad to see the family pic!

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey! I tried earlier to check out your blog, but I didn't have permission to view it. I think you maybe sent me an email a while ago with info on how to access it, but of course I can't find that. I'd love to see what you, Ryan, and E are up to : )

Unknown said...

That comment was from Megan!

Lisa Wellman said...

Congrats on your newest addition and beautiful family. I enjoyed the update and always smile when I think of you guys!

Anonymous said...

cute