Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mayoral Election

Okay, Memphians...you know that we have a big decision to make soon! I honestly have not done a lot of research into any of the mayoral candidates, but I'm going to go ahead and support AC. As a member of the child welfare system for the past 5 years, I have seen what AC has done to promote healthy children and families in Shelby County, and I do have faith in his administration that he will continue that work if he becomes mayor of Memphis. He seems to be good at delegating, giving important jobs to some pretty smart people (again, I am only speaking from my experience in the child welfare system). I have sat in a meeting that he directed, and he impressed me by how he listened to every one's opinions, explained what he would do with the information he gathered, and helped everyone feel like a valid member of the team. Here is an email that I received about supporting his run for mayor, and I wanted to share it with you:

Dear Megan,

Earlier this week, I emailed to let you know that our campaign's Facebook page had just gotten its 2,500th fan. Even in the short time since I sent that message, hundreds of new friends and supporters have signed up to show their support. With less than 60 days until Memphis chooses its next Mayor, I am going to need every single volunteer, voice, and vote!As you know, I have been campaigning aggressively for several weeks. Just last week, we launched a new version of our campaign website, ACWharton.com, and I'm sure you've seen our bumper stickers and yard signs around town. Tomorrow, we will take another important step in this campaign - and I want you to be there with me. Please join me tomorrow, August 20 at 12:00 p.m. when I will pick up my petition for the upcoming special election from the Shelby County Election Commission. We will gather on the steps at Second Street and Washington Avenue before walking to the Election Commission together.More details can be found by clicking here. As always, if you have any questions or comments about my campaign, just let me know.This campaign is about people, because my administration will be about people. Thank you for all your support. I look forward to seeing you Thursday.

A C Wharton, Jr.

P.S. This weekend, we'll formally open our campaign headquarters at 5016 Park Avenue. I hope you'll join us at 3:00 p.m. to sign my petition and meet my campaign Co-Chairs!

No comments: