Tuesday, January 19, 2010

iPhone

Yes, yes, I have joined the cult, and I am now an iPhone owner. I have had this phone for just under 24 hours, and I love it already. Have I made a single call on it? No. But I have downloaded a few apps (including Epicurious and Contraction Monitor), checked my email, sent an email, gone to a website from a link in an email, updated my outlook calendar, used it as an alarm clock, and checked the weather before I got out of bed and decided what I would wear to work. The main problems I had with my blackberry were that I could not get my work email from it, I could not sync my outlook calendar directly to it, web browsing was a pit of a pain, and - oh yes - lately the thing would just randomly turn off.

The guy at the AT&T store last night must have thought I was an idiot, though. I walk in semi-sweaty, wearing clothes I had just taken a walk in, VERY pregnant, and when he asks me what phone I want, I turn to my husband and say "what phone do I want?" Jonathan says, "the iPhone 3G with blahblahblahblah..." Then the guy tries to sell me a very expensive cover just in case I drop my phone a lot. I assure him that I do not drop my phone a lot - although with the way I looked in the store, I suppose he could have assumed I am the type of person who drops my phone a lot.

And more on the news front - I am officially starting my maternity leave on 1/25! At first I was just going to work up until I literally went into labor, but I cannot focus on my job in this state and would be much better off at home. Even if I'm home for a full week before being induced, I think I will be less crazy than if I try to work for another full week. I'm going to take the next few days to hopefully tie up all of the loose ends that need to be tied prior to leaving for 2 months.

No comments: