Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby Update

Well, our induction has been scheduled for Thursday, 1/28 if Baby does not come before then on his/her own. My doctor advised me to 'think contraction thoughts' this week, as I still have no progression at all toward labor. We'll induce even without any dilation, but that does increase the possibility of a c-section. I must admit that I was a little frazzled as I left the doctor's office yesterday afternoon. I think like most expectant moms, I want to go into labor on my own, but the risk of waiting for that is too high not to induce. The baby is measuring between 8-9 pounds, and waiting just means he/she will get bigger : ) I probably should have taken some time to settle my thoughts after the appointment, but I immediately called out of town relatives who have planned to come in for the birth to let them know about Thursday, give them directions to the hospital, etc.

I skipped out on the Christian Life Conference at church this morning to sleep as late as I wanted to and to avoid all of the 'when is that baby coming' questions that inevitably come every two steps as I walk down the halls of church. Jonathan is out volunteering with Youth Leadership Memphis, and I have some quiet time to myself at home. I am going to use this time to settle, pray, and relax : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan,
Hang in there...the waiting is the hardest. With both of my pregnancies, i've gone into labor on my own a few days before my induction! Also, are you interested in some Huggies diapers (1/2 are the organic cotton kinds and half are regular huggies). My baby leaks out of huggies terribly, so I'm using pampers.....would love to give these to you if you have an interest. Just e-mail me at jenniferthompson2@gmail.com and I can leave them on my porch for you. I live right behind the sorgenfreis.

Scott said...

You're beautiful and I love you! We may not talk super-regularly-like, but I'm excited for you and the soon-to-be-little-niecephew that you refuse to name for me. Le sigh.

Take care. Lots of it.

Domestic Kate said...

So excited you know when baby H will arrive! We'll definitely be praying for y'all this week - that it will be a wonderful week, and that all will go smoothly and quickly on Thursday (if not before)!

Still saying boy. :)

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

It's almost time!!! YAY!!!