Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome Jon!


We have our new little one with us! Jon Pollock Hulgan was born on Thursday, January 28th at 11:19am, weighing in at 9lbs 4oz and measuring 22 inches. We are so thankful for a healthy baby and healthy mom! Since my fluid was getting low and 5 hours of pitocin had caused no dialation, we did need a C-section. Since I had not had an epidural already, they had to give me a spinal block in the operating room, and Jonathan was not able to be in there with me during that part. I prayed my little heart out that God would quiet my heart and He definitely reassured me because I had amazing peace throughout the surgery. Jonathan was able to join me in the operating room once the doctor was ready to start cutting, and he was able to announce to the room that we had a boy!

We came home Saturday evening and we have been adjusting to life with our little Jon. He is super sweet and is usually very easily consolable. Sunday night he slept in his crib (in our room) and woke pretty much like clockwork every 2.5-3hrs to be fed, changed and then put back to sleep. Monday night...well, not so much. We're all learning together! Jonathan is a master swaddler, and he has been the perfect partner! During the night, he brings Jon to me, changes his diaper after feeding, and gets him back to sleep in the crib. I knew Jonathan would be a wonderful dad, and he is exceeding all expectations! (Sorry, had to brag about my wonderful husband!!)

Okay, here are pictures : ) I have no make up on in any of them, and normally I would not post pics of me looking so awful...but hey - I think you'll forgive me!

Two days before arrival
(knitting a hat to go with a sweater...note the UT orange)
Prep for C-section.
It took Jonathan a bit to figure out how to get all of his hair covered!
Proud Mommy
Proud Daddy
Our little Jon : )


3 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Congratulations Megan and Jonathan!! He is so adorable! I love the cheeks!

Kyle and Matt Still said...

YEAH!!!! I have been checking your blog like a mad person for a new post! Congrats on the boy! Little boys sure do love their momas. I am sorry that you had to have a section and I do hope that you are recovering easily. Can't wait to meet Jon! Congrats again...

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Jon! Congrats to you guys. Enjoy every minute (even then middle of the night ones) and kuddos to Jonathan for being so great - it definitely helps. Can't wait to meet him but in the meantime, post pics whenever you have time.
Beth Mills