Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting my act together

Okay, so I've been home now from work for a month, and I must admit I'm going a little stir crazy. Jon is semi getting into a routine, so I really have no excuse for sitting around doing nothing (like I have done today). He's eating pretty well every 3 hours during the day, so that gives me at least an hour and a half - if not two hours - while he's napping to do things that need to get done. (I am past the 'sleep when he is sleeping' phase. He sleeps for four to five hours at a time at night and goes straight to sleep when I put him back in his crib after a feeding, so honestly I feel pretty well rested.) Of the many things I should do during the day, here are a few: the laundry, general upkeep of the apartment, writing many thank you notes, planning dinner, finishing a stack of half-finished knitting projects, exercising, catching up on reading... But for the life of me, I can't get motivated to do anything!! Here is my idea of why I'm being super lazy: I know that I'm going back to work in four weeks, and I'm trying to veg out as much as I can while I don't have the responsibility of being out of the house 8 hours a day. That is a horrible excuse, but it's my excuse of the day.

Here is what I'm going to try tomorrow so that my day is not completely wasted - make a list! I love lists, and maybe if I make a list of what I need to do, I will do it! I am also going to keep the TV turned off. Darn you, Winter Olympics!! No TV tomorrow, and follow a list...that is my goal.

**I haven't completely wasted my day. I have fed and played with and tried to get down for naps the cutest little boy in the whole world : )

No comments: