Thursday, January 6, 2011

Giggles

Last night, I was holding Jon in the kitchen while Jonathan was heating up our dinner on the stove. I said, "Stove hot," trying to teach Jon not to try to touch the stove. When I said "hot," Jon reached up and grabbed the bill of the baseball cap I was wearing. I say "hat" every time he grabs the bill, but I didn't realize he had learned the word!

For the rest of the evening, Jonathan would ask, "Where is mama's hat, Jon?" and Jon would reach up to touch my hat. Then Jonathan would ask, "Where is Mama, Jon?" and Jon would just look around confused. Jon usually calls both me and Jonathan "Dada."

This morning we were playing some more, asking "where is the cat? where is the fan? where is the light?" etc. When I asked, "Where is Mama?" Jon looked at me like I was crazy and pointed his finger straight at me as if to say, "Mama, you are right there, why do you keep asking?" Melted my little heart : )

No comments: