Monday, November 21, 2011

Quick notes!

Wow! So much has been going on lately! I'm too lazy to post pictures, but I'll get some up soon. We were in Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago for Jonathan's sister's wedding, and it was a lot of fun. I possibly pushed myself a little more than I should have, but I was having a blast creating decorations for the wedding, cooking, baking, and spending a small fortune at Hobby Lobby! Back at home, we were just back to 'normal' when Jon came down with his first ear infection (almost made it 2 years!) and croup : ( And now we are getting ready to go up to my parents' home for Thanksgiving - ALL of the kids and their spouses will be in one place at one time, and we are excited.

Here are some quick, fun facts about Jon these days:
* Loves giving hugs and kisses! To us, his teachers at school, his friends, our cat, his stuffed animals, his blocks, the furniture, his food, the car...everything
* Eating much better with a fork and spoon. It usually lasts the first half of the meal, then he gets tired of it and just goes back to eating with his fingers
* "Up, please" is one of his favorite phrases, and I have had to start telling him that he is sometimes getting to big to be picked up.
* Speaking of being a big boy, Jon made it through the first half of the worship service on Sunday sitting in his own seat and standing up next to me during the standing parts (singing songs, responsive readings, etc.) He usually sits in one of our laps and we hold him while standing, but we've started putting him in his own seat (partly because he is soooo big), and he is doing really well : )
* Loves singing his ABCs, the Wheels on the Bus, 10 Little Pumpkins, and Row, Row, Row Your Boat
* I am trying to teach Jon how to say his name. He refers to himself as "baby," but recently he has been saying "Jaawww" when I ask him what his name is. Sometimes I'll get a "Jaaawww-nah" Super cute!

Okay, that's all for now! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: