Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I really need to take some pictures!

I thought it was about time to add something to the old blog, and when I looked at my iPhone for pictures, I realized I haven't taken any in about a month.  That's what happens when Jonathan is home for the summer and I don't feel the need to document every little thing Jon does. 

So far the summer has been really great!  Our forced car buying experience in the spring canceled our vacation plans, but we have enjoyed our time at home.  I am especially enjoying having Jonathan home, and I am thankful that even though he doesn't make much money as a teacher, we have him home in the summer.  Despite having his extra help with Jon and projects, it's just so nice to have him around!  We have enjoyed a lot of deeper conversations since we have more down time together, and it has reminded me of how much I love him and how he really is my best friend.

Enough of that mushy stuff!

So what have we done at home?  I have organized my home office (not quite finished...but that involves an IKEA trip and convincing my husband that spray painting my file cabinet is a good idea), organized our bedroom closet, participated in an advocate training at our local domestic abuse victim shelter/child advocacy center, and lost 12 pounds.  Still on my to-do list for the summer is organize the rest of the closets in the apartment and sew washable slip covers for my living room storage ottomans. 

We have also had a lot of fun: swim lessons for Jon, going to the river to play, library story time, saw a movie in the park, sidewalk chalk on our patio, lots of rough housing and several bouts of giggle fits.  Jon is pretty much text book boy (yes, I did pull a social work text book off the shelf the other day to check to see if some of his behavior is developmentally appropriate...it is).

Oh, and I bought real clippers, and we gave Jon another hair cut.  Ugghhh....  Not a pleasant experience.  Jonathan taught Jon the word 'brave,' and explained that it means doing something even when you are scared.  Although Jon seemed to understand the concept in theory, he did not exercise it during the hair cut. 

Can't wait to see what the second half of summer brings!  Happy 4th of July! 

No comments: