Monday, August 27, 2012

San Marcos Tradition #27

Grocery store trip the day before school starts!

Most of us avoid the grocery store during peak hours, especially if you are like me and go to a tiny store.  My grocery store, affectionately called "little HEB" by locals, is just a little bit bigger than the Midtown Schnuck's, for my Memphis friends.  Despite the crowds, though, one of my favorite days to go to HEB is the day before school starts.  For the people watching : )  New college first years, with their deer-in-the-headlights look, push carts as their moms or dads drop in bread and mayonnaise and frozen pizza.  It's very cute and a lot of fun to watch.  Although yesterday I was caught in an aisle with four pint-sized sorority girls trying to decide which flavors of Snak Paks to get. 

Second to the pre-class grocery store trip is the Target trip.  You don't get quite the sense of urgency of the students, though, since it is not such close quarters.

Just enjoying the silly things I do while living in a college town!

No comments: