Sunday, August 5, 2012

Small victory!

This morning I successfully went down one size in jeans! (We were serving in nursery, and at this church, I wear jeans when I'm on nursery duty!)  I haven't been a size 12 since before Jon, and I'm super pumped.  Earlier in the summer, I was diagnosed with poly cystic ovarian syndrome, and put on some medication and diet restrictions.  The PCOS may have contributed to the miscarriage, definitely makes it hard to conceive, and along with an increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and uterine cancer...let's just say I have been following doctor's orders.  I have joked in the past with friends that I needed a kick in the butt to make behavioral changes, and I definitely have it now!  Kudos to all of you who stay size 6 or 8 without a medical diagnosis : )  I need a professional to tell me that chocolate chip cookies really are a sometimes food! 

Although I have been exercising nearly everyday at our town rec center this Summer, I haven't been running in the heat.  Watching all of the track coverage for the Olympics is making me want to run, though, and I have been toying with the idea of trying for an October half marathon.  Jonathan starts back to work tomorrow, so I'll have a bit more of schedule during the day, and maybe I can take Jon out for a run when Jonathan leaves for work in the morning. 

So excited to see some external proof of my work in my jeans size, so I suppose setting a running goal is next!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

Yay! (for the size change). I felt the same way when I went gluten free. It was definitely the motivation I needed...and then I found out that almost all my favorite candy was gluten free so I really have to watch how often I eat that.