Saturday, May 10, 2008

Before getting a manicure...

..check out your manicurist's nails. Mine yesterday apparently did not believe in cuticles, and now mine are nonexistent. I went to a spa yesterday to treat myself to a manicure. I had been to this spa previously for a mani and pedi, and loved the experience. The manicurist I had before actually inspired me to start running, because she had just finished the Memphis Marathon. I was hoping to get her again, but I couldn't remember her name. The lady who did my nails yesterday showed up late (it was a 9am appointment), chattered away the whole time about 80s movies, and made me bleed...TWICE! Although my nails do look nicer that if I had tried to manicure them, I'm not super impressed and wish I had spent $20 on something else. Sigh.

1 comment:

Becky Heineke said...

I totally forgot to check out your nails yesterday!! Dammit. Well, I'm sorry it wasn't quite the experience you were going for. :( Blood should never enter the equation when you're pampering yourself...