Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Timing

Of course the week before the 10k is also the week I start a new position at work!! The timing couldn't be better : ) I was promoted to supervisor of foster parent training and recruiting this week, and I am very excited about the career move. In the past 4 years of working in child welfare, I have been too anxious about entering into management, but now I feel ready. Unfortunately, I have literally worked 12 hour days each day this week, thus I have not run at all!! Right now my plan is to run Thursday and Friday, stay active on Saturday, and rest on Sunday. Hopefully that will prepare me for Monday morning. : /

We have company coming this weekend, too! I love having people over, and I'm very excited : ) My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law are coming into town for the long weekend, and it should be fun. Since we live 6 hours away from our closest family, it's always great to spend some time together.

Random blog, but I thought I needed an update...

No comments: