Friday, May 23, 2008

The best laid plans...

Plans. Really, why do we make them?

It is Friday, and I didn't run at all this week. Put that in the "Megan is not a runner" box. Combination of being tired, working way too much, and feeling 'blah.' I have a 10k on Monday, which at this point in the best of circumstances I will hobble through at 1:40 like I did last year. Some people run marathons in that amount of time....well, almost. Maybe I will be moved to run a little on Saturday just to get the old legs used to working again.

Family is not feeling well either, so we are not having company this weekend. We are disappointed, because Jonathan and I had gotten ourselves excited about making plans of where we would go, what we would do, and (most importantly) what we would eat. This did help me relax a little bit last night when I watched the 2-hr season finale of Grey's Anatomy instead of cleaning my apartment.

Jonathan is going out of town next week with the boys from Multinational Ministries. First we thought he was going, and I emotionally prepared myself for being without him for five days. Then we thought he wasn't going, and I emotionally prepared myself for him being home despite all the plans I had made for his absence. Then we found out today that he is going, so I had to emotionally prepare myself all over again for a week alone with Sigma. Sigma is our cat who worships Jonathan and puts up with me. Hmm...maybe we will bond this week.

Whew, so life is never what we plan, but we keep making plans! We plan on having a baby in 3 years. We plan on Jonathan getting a job before he graduates. We plan on our Jeep lasting another 10 years. (no really, we do.) We plan on growing old together, and please God, take me before him! Deep thoughts for just a few little glitches in the weekend plans, huh? I suppose what this makes me think about is that I still like to control every little bit of my life, and that is a sure fire way to be disappointed in life. Having faith that my plans are secondary to God's, and that God has no 'plan B' for my life - that would make each day feel more worthwhile and peaceful.

No comments: