Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

This past weekend was a whirlwind but a lot of fun! Jonathan and I invited a bunch of friends to a 'thank you' lunch for trucking us all around Memphis for the past five months. I can never do anything the easy way, so we did a 'make your own pizza' party! It was a bit chaotc, but a lot of fun : ). I always think it's an interesting social experiment when all of our friends from different arenas of our life get together in one place.

For my foodie friends, I made the whole wheat pizza dough from the Jan/Fed Everyday Food, and it was great. DO NOT automatically put in all the flour - add it in bit by bit until the dough holds together as a ball but is still sticky. We had tons of different toppings to choose from: tomato sauce, pesto, bbq sauce, mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, feta, sausage, pepperoni, chicken, onions, green bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, and spinach. It was so fun to see who put what (and how!) on their pizzas : ) I also had some pita chips with hummus and a green salad for munching on while waiting for the pizzas to bake. And of course what is a party without Barefoot Contessa Outrageous Brownies? One of our friends is a registered dietician, and I did not show her the recipe until after she ate one of the brownies. Sometimes you just have to eat food with a pound of butter!

I ran through the woods for a bit, then Saturday night we went to a dinner party with friends. It was an Argentina 08 reunion, and we had a lot of fun! Everyone contributed part of the meal, and it was all melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I love a group where you can go from silly conversation to serious and not feel awkward, and this is one such group. Courtney and McKee's 8-month old, 70 lb english mastiff was of course the life of the party!

Sunday started with some great worship (I love worship themes on grace!), then a trip to Target, studying for my comprehensive exam for four hours, a great phone conversation with my family, and finally Rhodes Bible study.

Jonathan and I are having our own Valentine's time tonight with a visit to Bosco's (that is a fancy meal in the Hulgan household!). It's been quite busy the past few days, but I have enjoyed it! Sorry no pictures - I even had Jonathan charge the camera battery, then completely forgot to break it out : (

Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's weekend!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

I've been wanting to try that pizza recipe. We wish we could have made it on Saturday!