Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On the road again

After a brief hiatus, I am back into training mode! The goal is the YV 5k on April 18th. I am trying hard to PR at this 5k, which would mean running below 33 minutes. To some, that may still be a pretty slow 5k. To me, who began my 'racing career' with a 40 minute 5k in April 2007, 32 minutes would be fantastic!

It has been a pretty good running week: 6 miles Saturday, 6 miles Monday including a 3 mile tempo run, 2 miles Tuesday, and I'll do 3 miles this evening. Thursday and Friday are rest days, and then we'll attempt 7 miles Saturday. I hit the jackpot this morning when I found a sheet of Midtown Yoga coupons in a bag that has been hanging in my closet for well over a year! I knew that I needed to add some crosstraining in, and now with about 8 already paid for yoga sessions, I have no excuse!

I am trying to train my eating habits too for this 5k. I pack a snack to eat about an hour before each run, and I am working on 'refueling' after I run. Hmmm...so far my refueling attempts have been some veggie pasta Saturday (good), chips and salsa Monday (well, it had carbs and veggies), and a piece of pound cake yesterday... Maybe I need to work more on that.

No comments: