Thursday, April 30, 2009

$250 Challenge!

Hopefully you know about my participation in the Breast Cancer 3 Day in November! My fundraising goal is $2300, and the organizers have issued a challenge to raise $250 by May 15th!! Cutting my ultimate fundraising goal into smaller segments is supposed to help keep me (and my donors) motivated : ). If ten people donate $25, I will meet the challenge!

I recently read an article about a Canadian study that found exercise significantly decreases death rates among women diagnosed with breast cancer. That may sound like common sense, but now that there is a scientific study backing it up, hopefully more women will begin exercising regularly before diagnosis, and more doctors will perscribe an exercise regimen to their patients battling breast cancer. I am fundraising and walking 60 miles to promote more research like that! So, if you don't exercise regularly now...start! If you already do...keep it up and encourage a friend to join you! And all of you...donate to the cause by clicking on the 3 Day box at the top right of the blog : )

No comments: