Monday, May 18, 2009

Master Social Worker

I am now officially a Master Social Worker! That is a funny way to say it - all throughout the ceremony we kept being referred to as "master social workers." It totally makes me think of the Colonization computer game I played when I was younger. You had blacksmiths, and then master blacksmiths, carpenters, and then master carpenters, and so on. So now I have earned enough points to move from social worker to master social worker : )

We had a nice dinner Friday after the ceremony with my family, and then we had a barbecue picnic Saturday afternoon with friends. I had a lot of fun just hanging out with my friends, enjoying the moment. My apologies go out to anyone who was cornered by my grandfather or my great uncle. They are incorrigible to say the least!! My dad took a lot of pictures, and I will post a few up here.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me these past four years and especially sat through my gripe sessions.... Your friendship and support helped me reach this day : )

4 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

Congratulations! We are so sorry we missed the picnic!

Scott said...

Congratulations, Megan! And as I am now in my 12th year of undergraduate education, with a mortgage a wife and pets, I know what a struggle and challenge it can be to learn grow and get all educated while trying to maintain a life as well. I'm terribly sorry I couldn't be there with you, but I'm very proud of you nonetheless.

In other news, you know they remade Colonization? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civ_4_colonization Maybe I'll send it as your graduation present... heh.

Megan said...

Scottie - Jonathan already bought Colonization : ) I told him how much I had liked it when we were little because it was 'my' game. I think he wanted to have a computer game we could play together!

Hopefully see you soon : )

Domestic Kate said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so happy for you! So sorry we missed on Saturday - of course, kidlet chose right around then to nap.