Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Air Conditioning blues

The AC goes out at my office about 3 or 4 times a summer (and the heat goes out about 3 or 4 times a winter). We have just accepted it as the norm. Usually when the air goes out, it is only for a few hours until it is repaired, so we survive. Today, though, was unbearable. The AC must have gone out sometime in the night, because there was no remaining coolness left in the entire building this morning. I sat in my office for 15 minutes, sweating profusely, trying to gather up the files that I would need to work out of another office for the day. We had a meeting a Starbucks and then I hopped into my soon-to-be cubicle at our Operations Center. I called all of our potential foster families to cancel class tonight, and I tried to rally my staff to get work done despite being split up around the city in various offices. Now word is that the mother board of the AC is broken, and we require an entirely new system. Plus side - maybe this AC unit won't go out as frequently as the old one has. Minus side - I am not in my office for the rest of the week, and this is my LAST week in that office, and I have 5 million things to do before moving over permanently to the Operations Center!!! I am trying to remain calm...really I am.

I should get back to work instead of writing this silly blog, shouldn't I?

No comments: