Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better attitude

Yesterday's post was a little frazzled, to say the least. I am still feeling a bit like all the balls I am juggling are getting away from me, but today has gone pretty well. My team has come through very well, and we have all made things work as we are in different offices. Now, I will not lie, I did curse at the copy machine this morning in the 100 degree office because it was not working. I am going back to the 100 degree office tomorrow to try to pack up my things for my move, and I am praying for a better attitude. I am learning through this silly little experience that I do not like it when I cannot control the change around me. I am having to learn to be more flexible and adaptable...and to not curse at inanimate objects : ) My team semi-officially changed to its new supervisor today, and that was a huge weight off of my shoulders. The staff member who is taking over the team is very reliable, highly qualified, and already respected by my team. I honestly think she will do a much better job than I have done over the past year. Although this year in management has had a lot of struggles, I am glad I took the plunge, and I feel that I did the best I could. I am so excited about becoming the Volunteer Coordinator for YV! It will be difficult for the first month or so while I learn my way around the position, but I think it will be a good experience overall with so much room for me to learn about development and community relations.

Get ready for phone calls and emails about volunteer opportunities ; )

No comments: