Friday, July 17, 2009

First real craving?

I think I had my first real craving today. A lot of people have asked if I have had weird food cravings, and I don't think I really have had any. I have plenty of aversions - unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on how you look at it) I cannot stomach Dr. Pepper or Dt. Coke anymore. I am just now getting back to eating sweet things. I actually passed up ice cream while in Buenos Aires because just the thought of eating something sweet made me ill. So back to my possible craving...

I was heading out of the office for lunch with the full intention of getting a Lenny's kids meal with a chicken salad sandwich. I have pretty much been living off of chicken salad since finding out I was pregnant. As I left the building, a lady came through the door holding an Arby's bag. Curly fries! I stopped at the gas station to fill up the car, telling myself that I should be healthy for the baby and get Lenny's instead of Arby's. But I could not get curly fries out of my head! I think I could actually taste them. It was awful. My willpower did not prevail, and I got a chicken sandwich and fries for lunch. They were possibly the best curly fries I have ever had in my life.

2 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

Haha - I totally craved Arby's curly fries (and roast beef sandwiches) when I was preggo. Don't normally like them, but ate them nonstop for about 5 months.

I hope your aversions go away soon!

Kyle and Matt Still said...

I'm a little late commenting on this but I think you definitely had your first craving!! I have been all about the sweets...really from the day I found out I was pregnant! Maybe I've just been using pregnancy as an excuse to eat as many sweets as possible???