Friday, July 24, 2009

Longest 15 seconds of my life

So I wanted to be one of those pregnant women who did not constantly talk about her developing child.

That is harder than it sounds to do!

Just wanted to post an update that I had a good visit at the doctor this morning and Baby Hulgan has a good, strong heartbeat. Of course, it took some poking and prodding with the doppler for the doctor to hear the heartbeat, and it was possibly the longest 15 seconds of my life. I thought I was a worrier before this pregnancy, but I have been on pins and needles all week about whether that little heartbeat would be there. Prayer has helped ease worry, but I need much more faith. I need to give my worry over to God, who I know will take care of me, no matter what happens with the baby.

Next appointment is the big ultrasound, where I will exhibit all the restraint I can to wait on finding out the gender of the baby : )

Tomorrow is the Walk.Run.Fight.AIDS 5k at Shelby Farms! I will be running much slower than normal, so don't be afraid to come out and pass by me : ) The funds go to support Friends for Life, and agency that helps with AIDS prevention as well as serves Shelby County Residents who are HIV/AIDS positive.

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

I totally understand. Our little girl is always lower than the nurse thinks she is so it takes a while for her to find it. I hope you are feeling good...and don't worry if you think you see something on the screen that makes you think your little one is a he (or a she) if may or may not be. Ryan and I both thought we saw a little boy...and well you know...we are having a girl. They wait until the end to even look at that (at least my ultrasound tech did) I've very impressed that you are going to wait until Baby Hulgan makes his or her arrival.