Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Update

We had a good doctor's appointment this morning! It was busy: glucose test, H1N1 shot, ultrasound to check on baby's heart, and normal exam. Our kid continues to resemble his/her mom and dad as he/she insisted on being on his/her tummy and was not excited about moving out of that comfy spot for the tech to see the heart, approximate weight is 2 lbs 2 oz (average is 1.5 lbs), and the head is measuring 2 weeks ahead of the due date (both the father and maternal grandfather of this baby have big heads...). All this to say, I will be quite surprised if we make it to the 1/26 due date - I'm betting on an earlier delivery date.

Echoing Stacey's post, I feel that the quote of the week should be "you look too small to be 6 months along." How can that be when I have a baby who consistently measures big for his/her age??? I think the general public just assumes that your tummy automatically gets huge when you announce your pregnancy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Megan! I found your blog! Love it. Since I never see you guys anymore I can keep up with you via the blog world. Take care!

Stacey Hays said...

Megan, the newest one I heard today was "You're going to pop soon". Yikes!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I think I may have been one of the ones to say you didn't look that far along! Sorry!=)