Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The elliptical machine

Since I can no longer run, I started walking and I took a Zumba class. Yep, I felt like a complete idiot during the Zumba class, and it costs $5 (which I didn't have on me today), so I'm not sure how much more I will go back. I must admit that it was a pretty good aerobic workout, though!

Yesterday when I forced myself into the office work out room, I saw the elliptical machines and thought I would give them a try instead of walking. Whew! I am glad I did! By my sweat, the burning in my legs, and the overall feeling afterward, I got a much more intense workout than I would have simply walking for 30 minutes. Since the machine propels you forward, I was able to give about the same amount of effort as a slow, plodding run. And if you know me, I am the queen of slow, plodding runs!

I have started getting worried that all of the work I put into running before baby will be lost once the baby actually comes, but hopefully working out on a regular basis will help me bounce back in the spring. So, I'm headed back to the elliptical machine today!

No comments: