Friday, February 11, 2011

Recording moments I don't want to forget

I suppose this is why people have diaries and journals, but since I don't use either, I will record a few things here that I don't want to forget : )

Last night, I ran for 35 minutes before my core class. The route I took was the same route we ran the very first Saturday of my running training program: through an East Austin neighborhood to the trail along Ladybird Lake. The weather was perfect (mid 40s) and I actually got to the Rogue store in time to stretch before the run, so I felt nice a loose. I don't run with music, preferring instead to hear my breathing, my footfalls, and the neighborhood around me. It was a good run, mainly because I ran the whole 3 miles without stopping. The first time I ran this route, I barely finished the first half, I took a 5 minute break with the rest of the group, and then a ran/walked back to the store (with the emphasis on walked). Three miles is just scratching the surface of running, but I feel really good about where I am right now. Tomorrow I get to run 5 miles. We'll see how that goes! Oh, and yes, there were side planks last night. Uggh. I would love some advice on how to do side planks if anyone has it! Another participant last night asked the coach how she should improve her hamstring flexibility when she was having trouble doing a particular exercise, and he told her to just keep doing the exercise that we were engaged in. I suppose the best way to get better at side planks is to just keep doing side planks.



I have read this book more times than I can count in the past week. The Littlest Puppy, purchased for $1 at Target, is Jon's current favorite book. Whenever I happen to be sitting down, he wobbles over, deposits this book in my lap, and looks up at me expectantly. It has a little finger puppet attached to it, and he pretty much loves it. He also likes to point to the puppies and say, "Dud! Dud! Dud!" which I assume means 'dog' to him. Thankfully it is only four pages long, and I have memorized its little sing song poem. It includes the words "I chew my breakfast slowly." I am thrilled that Jon is actively engaged in reading, although I am looking forward to reading another book.

No comments: