Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekend getaway

Last weekend, I had a fun getaway with my college friends to Nashville.  One of us was getting married, so we came from California, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, and West Tennessee to join in the festivities!  We had so much fun!  I will post some pictures soon, but for now, here are some highlights:

1. Sleeping on the plane!  Really, the entire experience of flying without a 2-year-old was amazing : )
2. Seeing the sights in Nashville - we went to the capitol building, the Parthenon, Vanderbilt, a hipster record store, and even some random public housing...a wonderful walking tour of the city : )
3. Getting dressed up!  I don't think I have worn that much make up, taken as many showers, and straight ironed my hair so much in a 48 hour period as I did last weekend : )
4. Of course, the BEST part of the trip was just hanging out with my friends!  We were simultaneously silly and intellectual - the best combination!  Thanks Becky and Crystal for putting up with me and my constant toddler stories : )

1 comment:

Becky Heineke said...

Awww, it was such a fun weekend!! I'm still on a high from it! :D I keep thinking I'm going to write a recap blog myself, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make a blog entry out of "it was great!" (I'm more of a complainer when it comes to writing. :))

I'm so incredibly glad it worked out that we were all able to come in...and hopefully this will inspire all of us to get our acts together and do this again in the near future. :) Very good times, indeed!