Sunday, June 22, 2008

Breakaway Fit Week 2

Yesterday's run was considerably easier than the first week. This is due to two very important things:

1. I ran during the week.
2. We only had to run about 1.25 miles.

Much easier... The hardest part is acclimating to the heat and overcoming the feeling of not being able to breath! It is getting easier, and I actually felt good about our short run on Saturday. Becky and I are now at the back of the pack, or at least we were yesterday. All of the other 12-minute-per-mile or slower runners were no shows at the group run. We'll see if they come back. I will be out of town for the next two Saturdays, so maybe they were all also out of town. The coaches are very encouraging, though, and they help us to feel like we're doing some worthwhile even if we are running at a snail's pace. They continue to hint that we could do the marathon training distances if we wanted, but we kindly state that we will just run the half-marathon training distances, thank you very much. I think 13.1 miles is plenty far for me : )

No comments: