Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thank you Vampire Weekend

...for singing "Walcott" on my iPod just when I needed you tonight! If you want a running song, that is a running song. Vampire Weekend is a Prep Rock band, and yes, I do like me some Prep Rock. Something about mop-headed boys jamming in Oxfords with cuffs unbuttoned and ties askew makes me happy. I was at the Y for the first time in way too long this evening, trying to build back up to running three miles. I set a goal of a mile and a half, and I met it, running 11.30 minute miles. However, as I passed the first mile, I really wanted to stop, and that's when "Walcott" saved me. There is no way you can walk to that song. It got me through a quarter mile, and then Beck carried me the rest of the way. Thursday I'll try for three miles and see how I do - eek!

No comments: