Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a week!

I cannot believe it's Wednesday and I leave for Buenos Aires in less than 48 hours! Well, technically 48 hours from now I will be at DFW, but the trek from Memphis will have started... It is so interesting how last year at this time, we were totally packed, the apartment was clean, everything was in order, but emotionally and mentally I was freaking out! Right now, we are so psyched about getting back to BA, seeing friends from last year and making new ones, worshiping with the congregation at La Mission, etc., but we have not packed a single thing, we need to make another trip to Target tonight for twin sheets and hopefully a pair of casual pants, and the apartment...is...a...wreck!!! Jonathan was a sweetheart and started tackling the dishes, even though he hates to wash dishes. He also did three loads of laundry on Monday : ) What an awesome husband! I have a million loose ends to tie up at work tomorrow, but I have faith it can be done. We are skipping out on choir practice tonight to go shopping, clean and begin packing. Hopefully when I rest my head on my pillow tonight, we will be slightly less behind in the preparation for the trip.

Oh, and I haven't run at all this week : ( I am such a yo-yo runner - one week I run, the next I don't, the next I do, and so on. Interestingly enough, my testimony that I will share while in Argentina centers around how my running and my walk with God have been similar struggles this year. I'm trying to memorize Hebrews 12:1-2:
"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

That is my prayer!

4 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

We will be praying for you all during your week in BA

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you leave in 2 days! I'm so excited for ya'll, and we will be praying for you.

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

That's so exciting you guys leave so soon. I know Travis would love to be going back this year...We'll be praying for you guys! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Megan....What an awesome testimony!! I will pray that you will fix your eyes on Him today, in the midst of all that you have to get accomplished. It is so exciting to know that He has perfect plans for the team. I am thrilled for you, praying that the enemy will be bound....unable to touch any of you. Please give the girls and Ari hugs and kisses from us!! Lauren Lewis