Sunday, June 8, 2008

Update

It's been a couple of weeks, so here is an update of life:

1. I did not run the 10k on Memorial Day : ( It was cancelled : ( I don't know why : ( I did not get my money back : ( and I lost my running mojo : (

2. My two baby peppers have turned into almost full grown peppers. I am going to make some tacos either tonight or Monday night, and I will get to use my home grown jalapenos and cilantro. The cilantro and parsley aren't doing too well, and I am hoping that after trimming them down they will grow better. The tomato plant is flowering, so I hope that means tomatoes are on their way. The basil is doing great but requires a lot of water. I am considering putting the herbs in larger pots to see if they do better that way. The plants in the larger pots don't seem to dry out as quickly.

3. Work is settling down, and I really enjoy it. I am still in my cubicle because I haven't had time to move to my office (I worked 7 (mostly 12 hour-) days last week, and I worked 6 days this week....). I might stay at the office late tomorrow night to make the move, we'll see.

4. Becky and I are going to start a half marathon training program on Saturday. It entails going to Breakaway Running at 8am Saturday and running 3 miles with a bunch of strangers. I am fully emotionally prepared to be the last person to finish the 3 mile run. My best time on a good day is 11.30 minutes per mile, and on the training registration form the slowest group was 10-11 minutes per mile. We are also starting the Women Run program with MRTC on Monday nights in July, so we'll have one speed/hill training and one long run with coaches each week. I will be sure to update the blog on how that goes!

5. We turned on the air conditioning for the first time on June 6th at about 4:30am. I had been awake on and off for an hour because I was so hot, and I finally gave in. We still only use the AC while sleeping, and hopefully it will stay that way for a while. I don't know if it's Yankee frugality or what, but I have this deep need to try to last as long as I can without the air conditioning. We get good cross-ventilation in the apartment when all of the windows are open. I have no clue how people made it in Memphis before air conditioning!

6. Obama is the democratic presidential nominee, and I am super excited! We might actually win this thing! Jonathan agreed to let me get a sticker for the Jeep : ) I may have the only Obama '08 sticker in my church parking lot ; ) but I won't let that stop me!

That's it!

1 comment:

Becky Heineke said...

My parents had the only Kerry/Edwards sign in the entire city of Bartlett in 2004. And someone put right-wing propaganda in their mailbox (that didn't go over too well). So here's to political non-conformity!

OK, and what the HELL is up with us not getting our money back? :(