Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back to politics

Barack Obama will be a guest on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight, Wed. 9/10. I'm willing to stay up a little late to check it out!

Also, the first presidential debate is coming up pretty soon, Sept 27th! I believe it will air on PBS, so everyone should be able to watch it. (As a non-cable user, I didn't appreciate all of the primary debates being aired on cable). It will be in Oxford, and I actually looked into getting tickets last month when I found out it was so close. Unfortunately, I found no info.

If you aren't registered to vote, do it now! There will be voter registration tables at both the Cooper-Young Festival and Southern Football Classic this weekend in Memphis. You have up until October to register to vote in the election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was curious about tickets as well, but I think they're only going to students (and others well-connected to the univ. administration, I'm sure). That's what the news made it sound like.