Monday, December 1, 2008

carefree college days

"Hey, have you eaten yet?"
"Do you want to go eat?"
"Where do you want to eat, the Rat?"
"Okay..see you in a minute."

I am sitting in the lobby of the althletic building of my college alma mater, and that is the one side of a conversation I just heard. Ah yes, I remember when the most important decision of the day was Rat or Lair for dinner. The days when you could stop everything to write a paper, or study for an exam, or see friends. I cannot believe that I thought life was overwhelming in college. I kind of want to take these kids, throttle them, and tell them that life will never, ever, ever be this easy and uncomplicated again.

But I will not throttle them, I will go to my meeting.

1 comment:

Domestic Kate said...

wow, i miss those days.