Monday, September 28, 2009

Tears on my pillow

So, I think I am in the weepy part of pregnancy.... I have cried three times in as many days, and I have felt like crying much, much more than that. Part of the problem is that since we are past the half way mark, I have started trying to get things ready for the baby, and then I get overwhelmed and feel like I am in this all by myself and wonder why we are trying to have a baby in a tiny apartment, etc. etc. etc. and I start crying (or wanting to cry). Jonathan's coping strategy is to joke about things, which makes me cry (or want to cry) even more because I think he is not taking things seriously. He is, of course, he just makes jokes to try to lighten the mood. I find that I am worrying considerably more as well -worrying about boundaries with parents/in-laws, worrying about going back to work and not getting to stay home with my little one, worrying about the possibility of Jonathan being in San Francisco when I go into labor....

I am also in the "feeling like a cow" part of pregnancy! This is due to the fact that I physically cannot run anymore. I knew I would reach that point, but it came much sooner than I would have liked. I tried to run for five minutes on a treadmill the other day, and couldn't even manage that! So I am walking now, and I may try a Zumba class at work tomorrow, and I will make prenatal yoga when I am not busy Saturday mornings.

Maybe that is why I have been so weepy - I don't have my usual endorphin rush of a run every few days. I think I'll spend a little extra time walking this evening, pray a bit more for some peace, and try to focus on the end goal of bringing a little life into the world!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

Oh Megan! I can totally relate!