Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Awesome Evening

Most of you who have known me for a while know that I rarely take time to slow down and enjoy myself. Neurotic has unfortunately been a word used to describe me. Thanks to my new job which is considerably less stressful and time consuming than my previous job, I am on my way to being more laid back. I still haven't gotten a good, consistent time to read my Bible, and that is something that needs to change asap. At least two times a week I have been able to spend some time knitting. I do feel that I've been able to take time each day to contain the clutter in my apartment so as to prevent the clutter from turning into a mess. I am a work in progress.

Last night was a really good night for relaxing and taking my time. We went to Bosco's after choir rehearsal to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with some friends. I was able to munch on spinach artichoke dip, sip on some Midtown Brown, and laugh with my husband and our friend Justin. It was so nice to sit and talk. We opted for the patio instead of the bar, because we needed to be low key. The weather was great (just a little humid, just a little breezy). We decided to go home and take the dorm-room butterfly chairs out onto the balcony to continue enjoying the night. We felt very much at home out there, watching the cars go up and down Poplar, hypothesizing why there was a run on the tiger market around 10:30pm, and dreaming out loud about our future.

It was a good evening, hopefully one that will repeat itself.

No comments: