Saturday, March 15, 2008

Who are you and where did you come from?

Hello friends! I had a blog over at myspace for a while, but I had to cut myself off of myspace because I would spend way to much time looking at random pages. I am that much of a loser. In the past month or two, I started taking a midmorning break at work to see friends’ blogs, and most of those are on blogger, so I decided to make the switch. I rarely used any of the features on myspace like the wall, picture gallery, music stuff, bulletins, etc. so I won’t be missing very much. Honestly, the only reason I joined myspace to begin with was that my friend Becky would set some of her blogs to ‘friends only’ when she wanted to talk about work, so I was forced against my will to join.

What am I going to write about? Call me crazy, but I hesitated to come over to blogger because I don’t have a baby. 99% of my friends with blogs have children. Does one have to have reproduced in order to have a blog? Of course not! So I won’t be writing about babies. I also hesitated to be a real blogger since I’m not very witty. I’m not one for snarky comments, although I wish I could make people laugh out loud like I do when I read Becky’s blog. I will probably write about running (especially training for the half marathon in December), general susie-homemaker-ness (cooking, knitting, sewing), social/political issues (I’m pretty blue), and I guess pretty much anything else that strikes my fancy.

Here’s the breakdown on me:

  • I am 26, married almost 3 years to the most wonderful boy ever (that’s Jonathan).
  • I am a Christian, and was blessed to grow up in a Christian home. I cannot imagine my life without faith in God, and I cannot fathom the love God has for me.
  • I am a social worker, and I am 8/9ths of the way through my MSW program at the University of Tennessee School of Social Work. My job is recruiting and training foster parents with Youth Villages. My graduate internship is with the Child Assessment Program at LeBonheur Children’s Medical Center. That will end in April and I will go back to only having one job. Hallelujah!
  • Our cat, Sigma, loves Jonathan and puts up with me. I have many theories on this.
  • I pretend to be a runner. I also pretend to be a knitter. How about you just pretend along with me?

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I will be able to hold someone’s interest : )

Big thanks to Becky for coming over to my apartment and giving me a crash course in blogger. You’re awesome! See, I'm already using the link knowledge you gave me : )

2 comments:

Becky Heineke said...

YAY!! Awesome greens, by the way, and thank you very much for linking to my blog. :)

You actually got me all nostalgic and thinking about perhaps starting up another blog for me...we'll see. I don't want to get too crazy...

But you are now bookmarked and officially on my reading list (well, you were before, too, but I'll just be looking elsewhere now)! And you might find you have more to write about than you thought. I'm glad to see you over here!! :)

Becky Heineke said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that "daily thoughts from an almost adult" cracked me up! ;)