Thursday, July 24, 2008

The clothes make the (umm) woman

Last weekend, Jonathan was a sweetheart and we headed out to Saddle Creek to check out the Summer sales. We are going to a family wedding the first weekend in August, and I wanted to get a summery dress to wear, since all of my dresses seem to be black (yuck for a wedding). Well, I couldn't find a dress. Either they were too casual or two expensive, or not in my size. I did come across a lovely gem: a stone, summer-weight suit at Banana Republic for 60% off. I virtually got a Banana Republic suit at a Target price - my kind of suit! Of course, Jonathan looked at me as I showed it off in the dressing room and said,

"It looks great...but don't you have a suit like that already?"

"Oh no," I said, "I have a camel, winter-weight suit. This is a stone, summer-weight suit."

Thankfully, he didn't put up too much of a fuss, and I bought it. I rarely buy clothes, but when I find something like this, I cannot pass it up. I also told him that I can wear it to the wedding. And I didn't need to buy new shoes.

Since I didn't want the first time I wear the suit to be at the wedding in Wisconsin, I gave it a trial run at work today. I had a training this morning, so I needed to dress up anyway. My staff kept asking me if something was going on, because I looked so professional. Nope, I just thought I might try something other than the black pants/shirt-that-is-made-out-of-tshirt-material-but-isn't-a-tshirt combo that I wear almost every day. : ) It's comfortable and it has made the cut for the wedding. I also feel more like a professional when I have on a suit. Sometimes I think I'm still a teenager just playing at having a job.

Well, I just wrote a blog about clothes. I promise I'm really not shallow!

1 comment:

Becky Heineke said...

"Sometimes I think I'm still a teenager just playing at having a job."

I love that sentence!! Although you of all people to write it...you have the realest job I know. :) And blogging about clothes? I think that means you are embracing the blogging. Shallow has nothing to do with it! ;)