Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ack!

Just checking my email as usual today, and I read my Baby Center update for 30 weeks. I read about how big the baby is (well...how big a baby with normal sized parents is), some discomforts to expect as the third trimester continues, and other stuff like assembling the crib and swing.

Then I just kind of stared at the computer screen and thought, "Good grief! In 10 weeks I'm going to be a mother!!!!"

After mini panic attack at my cubicle, I am okay again. Although waiting to find out the sex of the baby is going to make for a fun surprise at the end of January, I must admit that it makes me feel like this whole pregnancy thing is a bit pretend. I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and wonder why I have to pee. Then I feel my ever growing tummy and remember that I am pregnant! We are purchasing furniture for the baby over Thanksgiving weekend, so maybe having an assembled crib in my bedroom will make it all a bit more real.

I went to the ER on Saturday morning because I was throwing up A LOT and also having some urinary issues, and I wanted to make sure everything was okay with the baby. When Jonathan and I arrived (half asleep b/c it was 2am), they almost sent us up to labor and delivery, but decided to keep us down in the ER until I had been initially examined. Thankfully we did not have to go up to labor and delivery, because the baby was perfectly fine although I was puking my guts out. I got to practice my breathing as I had a catheter and IV put in, and Jonathan got to practice his coaching through those processes. I am almost recovered at this point, but still a bit fatigued. I also learned that you feel amazingly better with fluid in you!! Despite the initial discomfort, I think IVs are my friends.

Jonathan looked at me last night and said, "Did it freak you out when they almost sent us to labor and delivery that we could have had a child on Saturday?" Granted, it would have been a child in the NICU, but a child nonetheless. We keep telling baby to stay in there until Christmas, when it will be 36 weeks. But now that we're 30 weeks, 36 weeks doesn't seem that far away.... And now I'm starting to panic again!!

Okay, enough stream of consciousness for one day. Whew!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

I remember that feeling at 30 weeks. My thought wasn't so much that I have 10 weeks, but it was that I could only have 6. And in reality I a little over 7. Enjoy this last few weeks with just you and Jonathan! And please call me if you have any questions...everything will be VERY fresh on my mind!