Thursday, November 19, 2009

More baby blogging...

As due date approaches, I will probably spend much more time publicly airing my thoughts about the coming baby...

* I think I am having third trimester morning sickness! Anyone else deal with this? It may be the antibiotics I'm on, but I feel slightly ill when I wake up and have to eat something before showering or else I feel like death. This is exactly how I felt in the first trimester.

* The labor and delivery dreams continue! In my dream last night, I was chatting with Stacey (who just had her adorable baby two weeks ago) about how both of our labor and deliveries had gone. I had a hard time remembering the details of mine, and then I realized, "Wait - you have not actually given birth yet!" I woke up and could not honestly tell you whether I was disappointed or relieved.

* I am soooooooo looking forward to our trip to IKEA next weekend!! We get to shop for our crib, extra storage units, lamps (to replace a couple death traps we currently have), a high chair, and maybe a couple of other fun things for the baby. We are also going to REI while in Atlanta to check out some high end jogging strollers. A relative gave us money to buy a really nice stroller, and I am excited about that. I have very high hopes for my half-marathon training next year - Becky has been quite inspirational this season as I have had to sit it out.

* I am going to Dallas this weekend to see my family and have a little shower hosted by my mom and sister. I'm travelling by myself, but I am going to wear something on the plane that makes it very clear I am 7 months pregnant, and hopefully people will treat me nicely. I STILL have people at work who get surprised when I tell them I am going on maternity leave in a couple of months. Seriously - have you not noticed the protruding tummy?

* We toured the maternity ward of the hospital in our prepared childbirth class this week, and it is pretty nice. The post partum rooms are a bit tiny, but the labor and delivery rooms seem to be roomy and comfortable. We got to see a baby in the nursery who was only an hour or two old, and I must admit that I had a very hard time holding back tears. I am totally going to lose it when our baby arrives!

Alright, those are my baby thoughts for now!

1 comment:

Stacey Hays said...

Too funny that I was in your dream!