Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Calling all my foodie friends!!!


As the clock ticks down to baby time in the Hulgan household, I need to start prepping and freezing food so that we can eat after the baby gets here! At first, I intended to go to Super Suppers in Germantown or Bartlett, but they have changed so much since the last time I went (oh....2 years ago), and now they have very limited walk in hours. My sister is coming out to visit this weekend, and I think we might spend some time prepping meals for the freezer the old fashioned way at home.


So here is what I need from you - your favorite go-to freezable recipes!


My favorite is here - shepherd's pie from Everyday Food. (made with turkey instead of lamb)


Thanks so much for your help : )

2 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

Oh I have lots! Just a few involve making a big pot of my spaghetti sauce (see blog). Stuffed shells, lasagna, and freezing spaghetti sauce with already cooked noodles so all you have to do is thaw and reheat. If you want any of the recipes just let me know...it might be easier to email them to you. Oh, and I have found a couple of freezer cooking blogs as well (the links are on mine) Hope this helps! Can't wait to meet baby Hulgan!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I did a supper club with some friends a month or so ago, the recipes we used, I'll send to you. Although, I don't do things like that much. My biggest tip to tell you is this: buy a lot of ground turkey (or beef if that is what you prefer) and cook it all, then put it in freezer bags divided into dinner portions (1-1.5lb) then all you have to do is thaw it to throw it in chili, spaghetti, etc. Also, I buy split chicken breasts when they go .99 a lb. I cook them in the crock pot for a few hours, then shred the meat off of the bones, and then put that meat in ziplocs as well. You can pull that stuff out to use in pot pies, soup, enchiladas, etc. It has been by far one of the best things I have started doing in the kitchen.