Monday, December 28, 2009

Our first "Memphis" Hulgan Christmas

With Baby H scheduled to come in 4 weeks, we stayed home for Christmas this year. Our families stayed in Chattanooga and Dallas, so it was a 'just us' Christmas. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, I was a bit mopey and sad, thinking that I would feel very lonely without all of our family around. We were blessed with a very sweet, relaxing time to enjoy being two before we become three. Looking back, I'm glad we had the time to ourselves.

So what did we do??

Wednesday - Spent the morning in a lot of pain! Finally went to the dr after abdominal pain had not lessened despite 3 hours of walking around, drinking water, resting, taking a shower.... Diagnosis? Hmmm...just some random muscle pain that is normal. Maybe body getting ready for labor? Placenta, fluid, cervix, kidneys, and most importantly baby were all fine - I was just in a lot of pain : ) Oh, and the newest baby weight is 6 pounds, 12 ounces. The dr joked about having a 30 inch baby! Long and skinny is how the dr described the baby after looking at the measurements.

Spent the afternoon resting and trying to take care of work related stuff (I had planned on being at work Wednesday).

Thursday - Slept late, hit the grocery store, prepped food for Christmas Day, and relaxed! We went to the 11pm Christmas Eve service at church, which was wonderful. I got to sing some of my favorite Christmas songs, reflect on Jesus' birth, and calm myself down. I must admit I got a tiny bit emotional at one point in the service, thinking that this might be our last Christmas in Memphis. Our church is such a blessing to us, and although I know we will find another church in another city, I am very sad at the thought of leaving Second Pres.

Friday - Slept late, put breakfast casserole (Jonathan's request) and cinnamon rolls (my request) in the oven, talked with family on the phone, and opened presents. I took a nap on the couch while Jonathan broke open DJ Hero. Our sweet friends, Dan and Katie, invited us to enjoy Christmas lunch with their family. We headed out and had a wonderful time with them. Katie prepared a delicious lunch, and it was fun to meet their family! The highlight might just have been Sam eating his birthday cake, though : ) Such a cutie!

I dragged Jonathan out to see Sherlock Holmes, and we ran into some friends at the movie theater. Another thing I love about Memphis : )

Saturday - We stayed home all day, being very lazy! That's pretty much all I can say : ) I did get an itch to be productive later in the day, so we cleaned out our bedroom closet and did a lot of laundry.

Last night before heading to bed, I told Jonathan I was so glad we had not spent half the day in a car on the way back to Memphis. I think I slept more this weekend than I have in the past month - between naps and sleeping late. Just what I needed : ) Now we're in the home stretch - just four weeks until the baby is scheduled to arrive, so we need to be prepared for anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

megan,
i am so thankful to read this post! i've been thinking of you alot, but didn't want to "ask around" for fear of violating your privacy! I thought you might have had a christmas baby after seeing you that day! just saw your last name on stacey and ryan's blogroll & had to click....hang in there...the end is the roughest. i'm 8 days away (or less) and it's quite uncomfy.

jennifer thompson

Megan said...

I was wondering if I would have a Christmas baby as well!! I didn't think the pain was contractions since it was constant, but I thought something had to be going on :) I must admit that I'm a bit impatient and ready for the baby to be here already.

Hope all goes well with you and your new little boy!