Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!

What a year this has been! Thought I'd look back at some highlights...

Started off the year running through the woods, and had a blast participating in the MRTC Cross Country Race Series in January and February! I ran more in the Spring, and had some PRs in April races. I was still considerably slow, but managed to finish races in the front half of my age group.

February marked the 5th anniversary of our engagement!

I took my master's comprehensive exam in March...and spent nearly every waking moment outside of work studying.

In April, a tiny little life started and is now about to enter the world : )

In May, I graduated from UT with a Master's in Social Work! Yay!! No more school!!!! I also had my last beer in May...at Bosco's on my graduation night (it was a Midtown Brown) I found out three days later that I was pregnant...oops!

We also received a car in May, so our days of walking and taking MATA everywhere stopped. I need to get back in the habit of walking around Midtown instead of driving everywhere!! It's so easy to hop in the car even to go down the street to the coffee shop.

In June, Jonathan and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and also went to Argentina for the third time with our church. What a fun time we had partnering with our fantastic friends at La Mision!

In July, I changed jobs at Youth Villages and have enjoyed every minute of volunteer coordinating : ) I'm learning so much about development, fundraising, and event planning along the way!

In September, my sister got married, and we enjoyed a fun wedding weekend in Vermont!

In October, I handled my first really big volunteer event - the Hauntedweb of Horrors!! We had between 40 and 75 volunteers each night for 14 nights putting on the haunted house, and we raised $65,000 for the kids at Youth Villages : )

We also attended Jonathan's 10th high school reunion and my 5th college reunion in October!

November and December were pretty much a blur, as work got insanely busy and we have tried to put finishing touches on preparation for the baby.


Wow! I cannot wait to see what 2010 has in store : ) It should be a busy year with a new baby(!), getting back into running, supporting my wonderful husband as he interviews for jobs, Jonathan's graduation, Jonathan's celebratory trip to Disney World, a possible move in the summer to wherever Jonathan has found a job, and...could it be...the possibility of getting to stay at home taking care of a household after Jonathan's job starts.

No comments: