Thursday, December 3, 2009

Running Itch

This week is taper week for a large number of Memphians. The St. Jude Memphis Marathon and Half Marathon are Saturday morning, and runners are hydrating, stretching, and resting for the big race. I have actually come close to tears a couple of times this week because I am not running the Half this year. Although I have only participated for the past two years, the first weekend in December has become marathon weekend in my mind, and it just feels weird to not participate in it.


One thing that keeps me going:



We checked out the BOB SUV jogger in Atlanta last weekend, and I'm going to order it through one of our local running stores. It is pretty sweet - nice shocks, sturdy wheels for off -roading and curb hopping, a mud guard for the front wheel so baby doesn't get completely dirty on trails, easy fold up, etc. I can walk with baby at 8 weeks and run with baby at 8 months. I will hopefully run without baby much sooner than 8 months, but I am preparing myself mentally and emotionally for a slow re-entry into the running world.


I already have promised myself that no matter where we are living next year, I will be in Memphis the first weekend of December 2010 to hit the road with 15,000 other runners!

2 comments:

Becky Heineke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Heineke said...

OK, sorry, I had to delete that and try again because my phrasing was possibly too awkward to be understood.

Aw, Meg. :( I went to pick up my race pack last night and it was a sad trip to make by myself. :( But yes! Next year! No matter what.

Well done on the stroller! Who knew there were such high-tech options? (Well, you probably did...but I didn't.)

I'll see you tomorrow night! Considering the weather forecast for the morning, I'll no doubt be hobbling and in pain by the time I see you...and surely we can at least celebrate you missing out on that this year. ;)